Every family needs to follow a pattern to stay organized, including what is for dinner, where each member of the family is going, and of course, keeping the house clean.
To best encourage a clean and healthy lifestyle, there are cleaning tasks that need to be completed daily, weekly, monthly, and periodically. We will share our house cleaning checklists for each of these categories over the coming weeks, beginning with the monthly tasks because we find them to be the most challenging.
Here is a list of everything we clean in each room and the entire house each month. We always evaluate and update our lists, so please comment if there are any others you would want to include.
Checklist for recurring home cleaning
- Clean the interior of the medicine cabinets in the bathrooms.
- Wash mattress toppers, shams, and duvet coverings.
- Mattress flippers
- Shelf organization in closets.
- Bins and shelves collect dust.
- Clean the baseboards and floors.
- Clean refrigerator in the kitchen.
- Food that has gone bad should be thrown away from the freezer.
- Organize the cabinets and pantry.
- Vacuum the fireplace screen
- Utility rooms with vacuumed flooring.
- Clean the interior and outside of the recycling and trash bins.
Throughout The House
- Dust the ceiling and portable fans.
- Pour the vinegar, boiling water, and baking soda down the drains.
- Clean the window coverings and windowsills.
- Clean the trim and doors both inside and outside.
- Filters on heating and cooling systems should be replaced or cleaned.
- tidy lighting fixtures